The baseline considerations for anyone serving in these positions on the search committee are:
* Is the parent or guardian of a current Yorktown student
* Can participate in a full day meeting on a workday during the week of April 24-28
* Agrees to keep all information about the candidates for Yorktown principal confidential
* Understands that the committee’s purpose is to provide Dr. Murphy with a recommendation; the principal hired by APS may or may not be the committee’s recommended candidate
Anyone interested in serving as a parent representative on the YHS principal search committee is invited to send short answers to the following questions to email@example.com by 5:
1. Please tell us briefly about yourself and include your contact information.
2. Please tell us which grades/schools your children are in and list any Yorktown student groups that you have experience with (i.e. Special Education, HILT, Minority Achievement, Band, Theater, Sports, etc.).
3. Please explain why you want to serve on this committee.
The timeline for the Yorktown PTA selection process is as follows:
* March 16: Announcement from Yorktown PTA Board on selection process distributed
* March 16-30: Applications for the search committee positions can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
* March 30: Application deadline to serve on the search committee is at 5:30 p.m.
* April 3: The PTA Board will announce the Yorktown parent representatives
This search committee is not the only way to participate in the process of selecting a new principal. Community members can share their input with Dr. Patrick Murphy and APS staff by providing feedback here by March 27: http://survey.k12insight.